RRC SR Apprentice 2022-23 Notification – Overview
|Name of the Department:||Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC), Chennai|
|Organization Name:||Southern Railway (दक्षिण रेलवे) – SR|
|Post Name:||Act Apprentices|
|Total Vacancies:||3154 vacancies|
|Division/ Workshop Names:||1) Carriage Works, Perambur (Chennai)
2) Central Workshop, Golden Rock (Trichy)
3) Signal & Telecommunication Workshop/ Podanur (Coimbatore)
|Job Category:||Central Government Jobs|
|Application Process:||Online mode|
|Registration Dates:||01 October to 31 October 2022|
|Qualification:||10th pass/ 10+2 & ITI|
|Age Limit:||15-24 yrs|
|Application Fee:||Rs. 100/-|
Southern Railway Apprentice Vacancy 2022 – Details
|Divisions/ Workshops/ Units||TOTAL||Freshers||Ex. ITI|
|Carriage Works, Perambur||1343||110||1233|
|Central Workshop, Golden Rock||527||00||527|
|Signal & Telecommunication Workshop/ Podanur||1284||20||1264|
|GRAND TOTAL ⇒||3154||130||3024|
Southern Railway Apprentice 2022-23 Eligibility Criteria
AGE LIMIT (as on 29-09-2022):-
- The age of applying candidates should be above 15 years and below 22 years/ 24 years for Fresher’s/ Ex-ITI, MLT Respectively as on date of notification.
- The age relaxation for reserved categories/ communities shall be applicable as per rules & regulations amended from time to time. The upper age relaxation as follows:-
- OBC Category – 03 years
- SC/ ST Category – 05 years
- PwD Candidates – 10 years
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Applying candidates must have the following minimum academic/ technical qualification as per the Apprentices Act 1961:-
- Passed 10th Class Examination under 10+2 system of education or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. (Note: Minimum 50% marks in SSLC not applicable for SC, ST & PwBD Candidates.)
- Passed ITI Course in relevant trades approved by NCVT/ SCVT institution.
- Passed +2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology just for MLT only.
To know more about Post Wise Qualifications and Training Period for Trade Apprentice Jobs, download Southern Railway Notification PDF from an official website using a direct link provided at the bottom.
Southern Railway Apprentice Stipend 2022-23
About Rate of Stipend for SR Trade Apprentice Vacancies: RRC will pay a stipend to selected Freshers & Ex-ITI candidates during the training period. The rates of stipend as follows:-
|S. N.||Category Names||Stipend
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|a.||Fresher’s – 10th Std:||Rs. 6000/- (per month)||Rs. 6600/- (per month)||Rs. 6900/- (per month)|
|b.||Fresher’s – 12th Std:||Rs. 7000/- (per month)||Rs. 7700/- (per month)||Rs. 8050/- (per month)|
|c.||Ex – ITI:||Rs. 7000/- (per month)||Rs. 7700/- (per month)||Rs. 8050/- (per month)|
RRC SR Apprentice Application Fee
About Processing Fee (Non-Refundable): Candidates need to pay their fee through online modes using Credit Card/ Debit card/ Net banking. Application fee category wise as shown in below description.
- Rs. 100/- (rupees one hundred only) for Unreserved & OBC Category.
- No Processing/ Application Fee for Reserved (SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women) Category.
RRC SR Apprentice 2022-23 Selection Process
About Selection Procedure: The recruitment board will select best applicants through the processes as follows:-
- Academic Merits: It will be calculated by taking the average of the percentage of marks obtained in Matriculation (with minimum 50% aggregate marks) and ITI examination giving equal weightage to both. While for fresher candidates, it is to be calculated by taking the average of marks obtained in Matriculation/ 10th Std Exam only.
- Document Verification: All eligible candidates will be called for verification of their documents. The schedule of document verification will be issued through the official website and SMS/ Email ID of candidates.
- Medical Examination
How to Apply RRC Southern Railway Apprentice Online Application Form 2022?
From 01st to 31st October 2022, contestants can apply their Application Form by visiting the official website (https://iroams.com/) URL link uploaded below in a table. Candidates are advised to register their Application as soon as possible. In the below description, we have also given steps to fill up & submit Southern Railway Vacancy 2022 Application for 3154 Apprentices. Kindly follow the step-wise instructions given below and submit online your recruitment form without being late:-
- 1st Step – Open the official website or just press on a link uploaded below to download notification and application form.
- 2nd Step – On a homepage, find out a link a titled as ‘Southern Railway Notification for Engagement of Trade Apprentices in various divisions‘.
- 3rd Step – Download the official advertisement to your device and take a print out.
- 4th Step – You will find online application form link attached to the homepage.
- 5th Step – Have a look at the Notification file to check required eligibility criteria.
- 6th Step – Now, fill up the application form with details like Unit Name, Applying As, Division Name, Trade Name, Personal Details, Education Details, Unique Identification Number (UID)/ Aadhaar Number, Email ID, Mobile Number, etc.
- 7th Step – Upload your recent photograph, signature and other necessary documents in PDF format.
- 8th Step – Re-check the details filled up in the registration form and confirm it.
- 9th Step – Enter “ONE TIME PASSWORD (OTP)” of a 06 digit code sent to your registered mobile and submit the application form.
- 10th Step – Make the payment of an application fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking and take a print of the online application for Acknowledgement.
Official Links for RRC SR Apprentice 2022-23 Recruitment
|Notification for Carriage Works, Perambur:||DOWNLOAD PDF|
|Notification for Central Workshop, Golden Rock:||DOWNLOAD PDF|
|Notification for Signal & Telecommunication Workshop/ Podanur:||DOWNLOAD PDF|
|Register Online Application for SR Apprentice 2022-23:||APPLY ONLINE (Live Now)|
|Login for SR Apprentice 2022-23:||LOGIN HERE (Live Now)|
|RRC SR Apprentice Online Web Portal:||VISIT HERE – iroams.com|
|Official Website of Southern Railways:||VISIT HERE – sr.indianrailways.gov.in|